Thursday, October 14, 2010

People who just love to serve

I just love it when people volunteer.  I'm involved in a few things in town and it never ceases to amaze me when people just show up to help.  One of my current projects is working with the Champaign Park Districts Youth Theater production of Music Man JR.  Now I'm not a singer or dancer or even a real director, but I'm working as assistant director on the show, mostly helping behind the scenes with tickets, sponsorships, organizational things and SET BUILDING. 
Last night we asked parents to help us move the supplies for the construction over to the Virginia Theater where we are rehearsing.  We set 6 PM as the meet time, and here I was standing in front of the theater at 5:55 panicked that no one would show.  But guess what, by 6 we had 5 people ready to help.  And we got it done.  And everyone who showed was eager and willing to do about anything.  There is a lesson to be learned there.
We have lots more to do and we'll try it again on Saturday morning at 9:30.  But I'm just going to know that we'll have the help we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment