Saturday, April 11, 2020

Silent Saturday, one day away from a miracle

SILENT SATURDAY | Holy saturday quotes, Saturday quotes, Easter vigil

I was watching a Max Lucado sermon last night and he mentioned that today, the Saturday between Good Friday and Easter is called Silent Saturday.  I had not heard that phrase before.  For me Silent Saturday is a day that is the most humbling.  I'm reminded of the disciples of Jesus, who on this day, just one day after the crucifixion, must have wondered if this incredible man they had been following the past three years was the real deal or not. 

Can you imagine spending the time with Jesus, listening to his words, seeing his miracle.... it must have been superhero like.  I'm certain I would have thought he was indeed immortal.  Shoot he walked on water, he brought people back to life, he healed the sick, he did it all.  

And then he died.  And they carried him to a tomb and buried him.  I'm sure I would have been silent as well on this Saturday.  How could I possibly face my friends and family.  Don't you know some would have been trying to convince me all along to come home and get back to work.  And now my leader was gone forever.

So when I think of the silence of this Saturday I'm reminded that no matter how low I might feel at any given time, no matter how hopeless things might seem, I may be just a day away from the greatest miracle in my life.  

Isn't that what happened with Jesus?  The disciples, his family, his followers, were totally disheartened.  And then in one day the world changed forever.

Hang onto that thought as we work through this virus.  We are all in a very tough space.  But the world will change again.  Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a week, maybe next year.  But it will change.
And when it does, we can all celebrate together 

No comments:

Post a Comment